Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Having fun networking and Peoplestring.com

I cannot believe it's already almost end of August.
When I started this journey, it was still cold and feeling dark.

Now it is almost like fall....still hot, but nice weather.
New school year started and my son is now in high school.

Update on my running. It's been going great. I met many people who are into running or trying to get into shape. I have several people I run with and they are very helpful and encouraging. I've been running since January, and I've done my first 5K two weeks ago. I did well!

It was such as great experience. I did it with my friend and we both finished with great timing. There were so many inspiring people, including many older pepole who are in their 50s, 60s, 70s, and even 80s.

I run almost every day. I usually go in the morning about 8 am. It is nice and refreshing.
I also exercise daily using Turbo Jam and P90X. I love both programs and they are great programs to do for cross training. I try to do these at night before bed. It is very important to have a regular schedule, and I try to stick with it.

Since January, I've lost about 15 lbs. My leg pains are gone and I feel great. I think I look better, too :) It takes a while, but I've seen good results with Beachbody. I also use Shakeology. It's my daily breakfast. The nutrients in Sakeology provides me enough necessary nutrients, and I feel like I'm doing everything I'm supposed to for my body, and it tastes great!!

Networking has been fun. I go to face-to-face networking events a couple of times a week. I also use facebook and twitter. I met many interesting people. One of the postive thing that came out of after being laid off is that I met many people and I was able to broaden my network. I'm so thankful.

I still don't have a full-time, corporate job, but I'm thinking maybe it's not meant to be. Maybe I'm supposed to work at home....try to build my business.

This Peoplestring.com is something new, and maybe something very easy, but useful. It says I can make $$ by just receiving mail/ads. I'm so excited to be a part of it.

2 comments:

justsouknow1234 said...

Nori!!!! hi its Ann Aloa from FB

Bluesky said...

Hi, Ann. It was nice talking with you yesterday!!