Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Step For Healthier Me

I found a great opportunity at my church to help me become healthier.
I decided to join the runners' club!

No....I have never been a runner.
The last time I did any kind of running was when I was in middle school.
We had to do a 8K marathon.....I walked the half way.
I even do not own a pair of running shoes......

I'm very scared and not sure if this is for me, but I really want to try.
Running is something you can do at any age, anywhere, anytime, and with anyone.
It is a great way to exercise, and I really want to have something I can do as a hobby.

We will meet every Saturday morning and run together. 
The rest of the week, you train on your own, but I was given a schedule as a guideline.
I'm so excited that I was given this opportunity.
I cannot wait to start and hopefully I can achieve my goal.......participate in the marathon this spring.

Well, I'm off to shopping for a new pair of running shoes now.  

No comments: