I started running to get rid of my stress.....stress of being laid off from work.
I never thought 6 months later, I would be still looking for a job.
What is going on with me? or with this economy? with this world??
First 3 months, I was fortunate enough to be able to use the outplacement service. It was a great experience. I learned something new every time I went and attended different seminars.
It was also nice to see there are many people in the same situation just like me. I felt like it was my job....to go to the office of the outplacement service. Get up every morning and get ready to leave..!
So the first 3 months were actually the time to prepare. I didn't really look for any jobs, but I was getting ready. Learning how to update my resume, how to interview, how to do my 30 second speech, how to negotiate my salary, etc....
Also, at the same time I was studying to pass the CLEP tests to get my remaining 15 credits that I needed to graduate. I have not studied that hard for a long time. I used to go to the library or to the coffee shop to study. It was actually fun. Gave me something to do. It was in March when I finally finished all my tests. I graduated!! Finally.
With my new diploma in my hands, I thought I would be finding a job right away. It was going to be easy.
Now 3 months later.....still nothing. I sent many resumes out. I registered with several agents. Nothing! I had one interview through a friend who works there. Other than that, not even a call for a phone interview. At first, I was sending out maybe 3-4 resumes a week.....Now maybe 3-4 resumes a month. I don't see anything I'm interested. I even don't know what I want to do anymore.
I got so used to being home. It seems like long time ago, when I was going to work everyday. Am I going to be able to function in the workplace? Would I know how to sit for 8 hours a day? Would I be able to operate whatever I need to operate?
Being a single mother, I have to find something. I cannot live on unemployment...which is not going to last forever.
I really love to stay home. I want to run and exercise when I want to. I also love being in front of the computer. I would not mind to have a home business which can earn me enough money to live on. That's why I really have to try very hard with this Team Beachbody business. Hope 6 months from now, I can come back to this post and laugh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment