I met Tony Horton in Atlanta.... in person!
He is the fitness guy who created P90X, which is selling like crazy right now.
I had no idea that he was 51 years old. He does not look it at all.
He is in great condition. Also, he is a very nice person for real.
I was so impressed and inspiried to hear him talk.
It was a Beachbody Event.....for a newbie like me, it was very overwelming. I was not sure what to expect. Since I became a Beachbody coach, I decided that I will take this very seriously and will do the best I can with myself.
The first and most important goal for me is to get fit! I want a 6 pack!! I want to say...."I look great and feel great."
Also, with this I want to be succesful financially. I love that Beachbody is helping people get healthy and fit at the same time helping people to earn money doing so. I think it is a great concept.
Because I was laid off, I had an opportunity to work with an outplacement service, called Right Management. It was a great experience. They taught me how to create my resume, how to interview, how to network, etc. The greatest thing they taught me was to reassess your skills and yourself.
I've been with my same job for 13 years, and I was happy that I had a job and was able to bring home income. I thought ....well with my skills and where I am at, I would study finance so I can try to get into better fiels. I even didn't think if I like the finance field.
I finally got my degree and I've been looking for a job for 6 month (I still can't find a job), but I really don't know if I am the finance person. However, I found that I really love working out, trying to healthy, and feeling great. So I decided I would like to find a finance job in the healthcare industry....that way I would be in the industry...promoting healthy living to other people. I look for companies who did just that....promote healthy living and solution.
Well, actually I found one. Healthways....it's a great company so I interviewed, but I was not able to get in. So now what? Beachbody...basically does the same thing. They promote healthy living to people by exercising. They do that for individuals ....and the coaches are not professionals, but they are peers....people who care about others to do the same.
Well, my point is ...I think I found something I really want to do. So we shall see what happens with this new venture.
Going back to the originally topic....."Tony Horton" and the Beachbody event. Well, I was not sure at first. Atlanta is 3:30 away and to get there for the event at 8 am, I would have to leave home at 3 am (because of the time change). Like I said ...I'm taking this thing very seriously so I decided to go.
Conclusion is that I am very glad that I went. I met some nice people, some very postitive energetic people, and I really want to be succesful. Well, this is only the beginning.....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment