Sunday, June 21, 2009

My thoughts on networking

Since I started my job hunting, I've been hearing..."network and network more!!"
"It is better to spend short time on computer looking for jobs, most people find jobs through networking."

I didn't understand it at first, but I now believe it.

I sent out so many resumes and applications, but I haven't heard anything from anybody.
The only interview I had was with a company that I knew someone who worked there.

It really helps to know someone who has connections.

It was suggested to sign up with LinkedIn, facebook, twitter, etc. so that's how my networking journey started. 

It's been interesting, and I've learning a lot.  Since  I became a Team Beachbody coach, I was also told to network.....more networking??  The coach I signed up under told me she mostly market her business through facebook and Twitter.  So I started to do the same.  

Also, I was told to go to BlackBelt Training and Magnetic Sponsoring sites to learn more.  I haven't done it yet, but it's my next step.

I'm not very good at sales so I'm not sure if I can sell anything, but I'll try as much as I can.  I'll post how and what will happen.  It will be interesting.

I just have to remember to take it one day at a time.  Be patient and follow my heart.

No comments: